One of a kind, this Larimar bracelet is 8" long and features 8 individual larimar stones that measure approximately 8mm x 10mm each and are connected with sterling silver links.
The wearer of Larimar can experience a serene, calm and soothing energy. It also helps with the Throat Chakra aiding in communication. It allows us to speak our truth, without judgement and from the heart. Larimar can help those who may be overly critical of themselves by bringing in an energy of a more positive perspective.
Because this stone is found in the Caribbean it has been called many other names such as the Dolphin Stone, Mermaid Stone and Atlantis Stone. It was originally discovered in 1916 but was named in 1974 by the Dominican who re-discovered it. He used the first letters of his daughter’s name which was Larissa and married it with the Spanish word for “the sea” which is mar. This created Larimar.
Some other uses for Larimar:
- Use Larimar to overcome fear of doctors, hospitals, injections or surgery. It promotes clear and confident communication with health personnel. [Eason, 241]
- Larimar is a wonderful stone for mothers, during and after pregnancy. It helps in alleviating post-partum depression, and relaxes the stress associated with new parenthood. [Ahsian, 230]
- As a soothing Water element stone, Larimar cools hot tempers and guides excessive passion into peace. It may be used to diminish the frequency and intensity of hot flashes, and when one's kundalini energies have become uncomfortably active. [Simmons, 229]
- As a crystal of the Throat Chakra, using Larimar in a pendant or laying-on-of-stones treatment will unleash the voice of one's deepest wisdom. Singers may also find Larimar a wonderful talisman for enhancing and protecting the voice. [Simmons, 229]
- Larimar is an excellent stone for finding a soulmate. It facilitates the healing of unresolved issues or fears, trauma to the heart, or past-life relationships. [Hall, 174][Eason, 241]
Chakras: Throat, Crown, 3rd Eye